HARMAN's certification process aims to ensure a high level of quality of the apps and services offered and to ensure that all apps and services are appropriate to use in an automotive context.
The certification team run the submitted app through the manual certification steps and functional testing, and also executes an automated procedure to verify the following aspects:
- Distraction - can the application distract the driver?
- Maliciousness - is the application or part of it malicious in nature?
- Security - does the application pose a cybersecurity risk to the vehicle?
- Privacy - does the application hold and compromise driver’s private information?
- Performance - how does the application affect the unit’s performance? (CPU, memory, flash wear,..)